At Photography Classes Atlanta The Belief Is That Learning Photography Can Be Life Changing
Digital cameras are improving all the time. With the possible exception of the personal computer and the cell phone, it is difficult to image a technological gadget that has become more popular than the digital camera. The digital camera has become one of the necessities of life for some of us. We are moving from simple point and shoot models to more advanced digital compacts, and then to digital SLR cameras as a normal progression.
Digital SLR cameras are literally exploding in popularity among non-professional photographers. The proof is in the marketing. You can no longer pick up the sales circulars of a Sunday paper that are not loaded with digital camera and camera gear advertisements.
Stand anywhere in a public area that has lots of people traffic and you will see digital cameras galore. They are attached to wrists and belts, draped around necks, and much of the time they are actively being used to record every activity of life. Every age group has been taken with the digital photography bug, from the elderly to children.
With all this photo activity, there still exists a kind of mystery about the operation of the digital camera. There is not doubt that we can press the shutter and record an image. That is not the problem. The mystique lies in getting the picture that will wow the crowds. How does that happen? What are the elements of a great photograph? What do the professional photographers know that we don’t about composition, exposure, f-stops, shutter speeds and all that photography lingo?
There is truly a need for education in digital photography. Some of us are quite adept with the skills that create good pictures, and the menu of a digital camera poses no threat. Yet there are others who love great photos, but they are totally intimidated by the digital camera in their hands. Getting familiar with the camera is paramount to getting better photos.
You can learn to take better photos, then enhance them using photo editing software like Photoshop.. this vintage typewriter looks much better with the Photoshop editing added.
Learn How To Take Better Photos
The goal at Photography Classes Atlanta is to connect those who want to become better at the craft of photography with the resources necessary to make that happen. There are lots of places to learn photography, and there are plenty of ways to learn, whether it is to sit in a physical class, take a field trip with other photographers, watch videos about how to use your digital camera, or simply meet others who have the same passions for digital images that you do.
Below is a list of ideas that you may want to consider for learning about photography – a sort of “Photography Classes Atlanta Directory”:
- Take college level classes in photography –
*Art Institute of Atlanta – The Art Institute has been offering classes for over 60 years. They currently have degree programs in Commercial Photography and a Bachelor’s Degree in Photographic Imaging. There is also a 2-year Associates Degree in Photographic Imaging.
– Address: 6600 Peachtree Dunwoody Road, N.E., 100 Embassy Row, Atlanta, GA 30328
– Phone: (770) 394-8300
– Website: Art Institute of Atlanta
- *SCAD – The Savannah School of Art and Design is the premier art school in the South, and they have a campus in Atlanta
– Website: http://www.scad.edu/atlanta/
– Address: 1611 W Peachtree Street Northeast, Atlanta
– Phone: (404) 541-9496
- Buy a new digital camera at the right store and a beginner’s Photograph Class is part of the package Wolf Camera offers these free bonus camera classes. There are lots of these Camera centers around Atlanta, but the one below has a free class coming up soon.
– Wolf Camera at Town Center at Cobb
– 400 Ernest W Barrett Pkwy NW
– Kennesaw, GA 30144-4917
– Phone: 770-423-0498
- Join a local Photographic Society – there are classes conducted by society members for very reasonable prices.
– Atlanta Photographic Society – Website: http://www.atlantaphotographic.org/
– Roswell Photographic Society – Website: http://www.roswellphotosociety.org/
- Adult Education Programs – continuing education program courses of study are given at many area high schools and colleges.The Atlanta Journal Constitution has a comprehensive list of continuing education classes on their website.
- Photography Workshops
If you can find workshops that are being lead and taught by well respected professional photographers, you can learn much more about how to take good photos and you can learn it faster. Photo workshops are like on-the-job training. Workshops are held in the city and the surrounding areas. Whether you are interested in Photo-journalism on the streets of Atlanta or macro photography in a setting such at the Atlanta Botanical Gardens, there are enough Photography workshops to fill your needs.
Check out The Digital Photo Academy in downtown Atlanta. Prices are really reasonable.
You can find anything on YouTube. What do you want to know about? Just type that into the YouTube search box and your problem is solved. Yes, you may have to wade through literally tons of “less than stellar” content, but you will probably find what you are looking for. Sometimes it may even be on the first click. Many folks have put a whole series of videos that you can follow in sequence, and some of these video tutorials are very well done. PhotoGavin is a photographer who has over 150 video tutorials that are not only information, but entertaining as well. If you watch all of his videos, you will learn a ton about many different aspects of photography.